The WHO organized a webinar series of public financial management (PFM) in health issues. The series included six sessions on key PFM topics – from budget formulation, to budget execution and monitoring – and involved a range of well-established experts from WHO, World Bank, OECD, International Budget Partnership and Results for Development, as well as country experts from health and finance authorities. The webinar recordings were transformed into 30 minute-video podcasts.
1. Introduction – Role of PFM functions and reforms from a health sector perspective
2. Budget formulation issues in the health sector: key issues for policy makers
3. Budget execution issues in the health sector: challenges and policy responses
4. Links between budget reforms and provider payment systems: what is at stake?
5. Budget accountability: financial transparency and accountability towards sector outputs