Building Success is a series of guides offering practical, concrete, and innovative approaches that have proven effective in strengthening the response to HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis in Nigeria. Each of the four guides can stand alone, but they will be most effective if used as components of an integrated package. The series synthesizes and expands the learning gained from MSH’s projects in Nigeria between 2009 and 2016, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) through the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The intent of this series is to empower people working on development projects to save lives and improve the quality of life for themselves and their fellow citizens. To support these efforts, Building Success will enable readers to:
- Use the “software” – the approaches, concept, processes, and examples in these manuals – to put into action the “hardware” – the systems, structures, standards, and guidelines that already exist in their professional and geographic areas;
- Apply proven approaches to strengthen their organization and its HIV/AIDS/TB programs;
- Translate guidelines into action and apply them for the greatest possible effect;
- Benefit from the examples of health professionals at all levels who have overcome challenges to bring better health to the people they serve; and
- Enthusiastically carry out their responsibilities for providing or supporting the quality care that will prolong and improve the lives of people living with HIV/AIDS and their families.