Is there a recipe for building and sustaining a successful health network? Collaboration and cooperation among NGOs offer tremendous opportunities for achieving results, but also present some unique challenges. This seminar explored the nature and dynamics of networks and discussed creative ways to promote synergies among network members to overcome challenges. This seminar has ended. We invite you to review the resources, discussion, and daily summaries. Read a full seminar summary.
Welcome to Sustainable health networks: How to make your network thrive. You can participate in this seminar on your own time, whenever it is convenient for you. Log in anytime from May 9-12 to check in on the discussion and share your ideas. You will also receive daily summaries by email. This event is presented by the USAID-funded Leadership, Management & Gouvernance (LMG) project.
With the dramatic proliferation of local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) over the past three decades came the need for these organizations to collaborate in order to:
- magnify their voices in advocating to local governments and donors, et
- work cooperatively with each other to achieve results.
In response, many local NGOs and individuals created networks either independently or at the recommendation of and with funding from donors, including the Global Fund, USAID, and the World Bank. However your network came into being, there are likely changes you could make to help your network thrive.
This seminar will engage a global cross-section of network members in rich conversations to provide new insights into the nature and dynamics of networks and their strengths and challenges. It will also provide a context for identifying new and creative ways to promote synergies among members to realize network goals.
Ressources, including access to the Network Strengthening Program Guide and other materials, will enrich the conversation.
To provide a practical approach for health networks to thrive.
At the end of the seminar, participants will be able to:
- Identify the diverse variety of voluntary networks
- Identify their own network’s challenges
- Propose 2-3 practical actions for overcoming network challenges
- Selected resources about networks
- A guided forum for discussing thought-provoking questions
- Engagement with participants across the globe
- Part 1 – we will explore the nature of networks and the strengths and challenges that your network may be facing
- Part 2 – we will explore practical actions for overcoming network challenges
Please join us for this lively online discussion – we look forward to learning together!