What does it take to practice good governance? What can be done at the community or facility level, at district, regional or national levels or even at the international donor level that will improve governance? And once we know what needs to be done, how do we make it happen? We invite you to join us during this 9 day seminar and explore together a set of practical tools to help decide where and how to start making changes that will improve the way communities, facilities, or government teams transform good governance ideas into action. This seminar has ended. We invite you to review the resources, discussion, and parts 1, 2, et 3 summaries.
Welcome to Governing for Good: Practical tools for improving governance in global health initiatives. You can participate in this seminar on your own time, whenever it is convenient for you. Log in anytime from September 5-15 to check in on the discussion and share your ideas. You will also receive daily summaries by email. This event is presented by the USAID-funded Leadership, Management & Gouvernance (LMG) project.
At the end of the seminar participants will be able to:
- Select strategies and interventions to strengthen program governance in order to produce intended results, particularly in three Global Health Initiatives:
* AIDS Free Generation (AFG)
* Ending Preventable Child and Maternal Deaths (EPCMD)
* Securing Universal Access to Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) Services.
- Share knowledge about governance improvement interventions and associated tools with colleagues.
Please join us for this lively online discussion – we look forward to learning together!