This self-paced course introduces healthcare workers to new TB medicines such as bedaquiline and delamanid, and new regimens such as the 9 month regimen, and the responsible use of them, for the treatment of multi-drug resistant TB (MDR-TB).
To join this course:
*** Please click on the links below for more information about these topics ***
- Previous & next buttons are located on the bottom right of screen. Anytime you select the previous or next button, you will be taken to previous or next menu item. The majority of screens do not have specific navigation instructions. Once you have reviewed the information and are intuitively ready to move on to the next screen, select the next button to continue. Some screens will have other navigation instructions, and those are provided to you in caption bubbles or in text boxes on the screens.
- Home is the introduction screen. To go “home,” click the introduction screen on the menu to your left.
- Acronym and abbreviation hover is a feature that is consistent throughout this course. Whenever you see an acronym or abbreviation, simply hover over the acronym with your cursor, and the full name will be revealed, either below or above the screen title.
- Menu, glossary and resources tabs are located to your left. You can click on the menu items to take you directly to that topic at anytime. The glossary is there for you should you need a definition or clarification on a word/term that is not familiar to you. You will be guided to the resources available for that unit via screen instructions.
- Caption bubbles are on some of the screens and provide information on the content and navigation.
- Any special navigation instructions will be provided on the screens either in caption bubbles or in a text box, normally located at the bottom of the screens.
- To exit a unit, first mark the unit as complete, and then you have a few choices: You can return to the outline, or you can go the previous or next unit. These instructions are also provided on the last screen of each unit.
- Other markers may be used to indicate media or additional information.
- When clicking a website or PDF link, the item will open in a separate tab in your browser window. The unit remains open in the current browser window.
- Mark unit as complete. As you complete each unit, you will need to mark it as complete before continuing to the next unit. Use the button at the bottom of your screen.
Follow these directions when viewing the course on an iPad:
- Download Articulate Player from iTunes on your iPad
- Once you have Articulate Player downloaded, open the course on your iPad and select the unit you want to view.
- You’ll see a large blue button titled: “Launch”. Click the launch button, and the unit will open in Articulate Player.
- Go through the unit in Articulate Player. Note that when the direction is to hover, click instead when using an iPad
- Once you’ve completed the unit, leave Articulate Player (don’t close), and open Safari.
- You will see the unit you just went through. Scroll down and click “Mark as Completed”
- Click “next unit” to continue
- You will need to do this for each unit if played in Articulate Player on your iPad.
If you want to follow the course on your mobile phone consider installing Puffin browser.